COAT OF SMILES, parody art of iconic symbols. A duck's hat, a mouse's ears and a smiling yellow button. Three iconic things brought together in one artwork.
The PAPERWALKER Journal is the personal weblog of DUCKLAND creator and award-winning character designer Florian Satzinger – who worked on characters such as Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Looney Tunes (Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny, Silvester etc.), Pinky And The Brain, A.J.Hogg and Scooby-Doo, for studios such as Warner Bros., Disney, ReelFX and Zanuck Family Entertainment – in which he shares bits and pieces of his character design work, processes, visual development, inspirations and reference materials of current, past and future projects.
©2024 by Florian Satzinger. World rights reserved. | 104,7M VIEWS | Instagram | Page | Bēhance



PLEASE NOTE, the displayed parody artworks of classical cartoon characters are not copies but distinct satiric imitations/caricatures, by exaggerating and transforming the original characters and their related indica (see 'Coat of Smiles') in a way that creates new originals and new meanings, different from the intentions of the originals.

All reference/inspiration material here (i.e. all material not originated by the author of this blog) is solely the property of their respective owners, the use here does not imply that you may use the material for any purpose other than for a similar parodistic, informational or inspirational use. This blog journal is basically dedicated to inspire professional animation artists, animation students and everyone who is interested in the animation art form to use their talents. If you find any content here that belongs to you and you want it down or has not been properly attributed, please contact 'hello[at]paperwalker[dot]com', thank you.


Connect with Florian Satzinger: follow us in feedly

Monday, March 15, 2010

Paper Worker

I was going through my rough sketches photo archive...


In view of the fact that I'm almost only using a graphic tablet lately, "real paper", "real pencils" and "real drawings" are on the decrease here.

I don't know but it's somehow sad...







If I recall correctly, some of the sketches here were part of my Nemoland exhibit last year, realised by the Accademia Nemo.

Exhibit photos by Maryam Laura Moazedi

14 comments:

  1. Hi Florian... I have been really interested in getting a graphic tablet but I don't know anything about them. If you don't mind me asking, which one are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Florian, I recently discovered your website and your work, and I really love your art! Thanks for posting all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dennis, I'm using a Wacom Intuos4.

    Martine, BIG thanks! :)

    Mattia, thanks for the nice comment here! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same with me. Since i work on a Cintiq 21, i use hardly any paper. I love to see the scribbles (especially yours) as much as the final work. I wonder what will remain of the works, using only graphic tablets. But it is sooo handy and quick. At least I leave an extra layer with the scribbles in the fina Photoshop-Files It is also frigthtening how dependent i am working that way. Imagine Wacom would go bankrupt...what would we do? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rofu, hahaha, right, good point :o) I didn't think of it that way. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Michael! Михаил means Michael, no?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your works are so unique in each, yet so Consistently beautiful on the whole.Will keep waiting for your updates.Loved the videos u posted too.
    And No matter what media ur using, Its osome! :)
    Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your website by going to the art center. Thanks for doing those tutorials I love them. I wouldn't have found your blog if had not posted there. THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  9. SandSekh! Cheers, many thanks for you kind comment!

    JJ Bean, THANK YOU for the feedback! I appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ROUGHS! It's a shame that I missed the chance to attent your exhibit and Nemoland last year. Thanks for sharing these photos with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. IT IS SAD!! I love paper and the feel of a pencil in my hand. It's like hanging out with a good friend.

    Great stuff Florian

    ReplyDelete